Refund Policy and Procedure
The Australian Consumer Law sets out consumer rights that are called consumer guarantees. These include your rights to a repair, replacement or refund where a product or service you buy fails to meet our consumer guarantee.
2. Purpose and scope
This policy applies to the refund of tutoring, assistant online learning, and specialist session fees that have been paid by students/parents (‘You’ or ‘you’) to Homeschool Academy Australia (‘Homeschool Academy Australia’).
Homeschool Academy Australia offers two payment methods to pay for all session fees:
- Pre-paid bundle – a package of sessions purchased upfront for a discount. Pre-paid bundles are not refundable other than under clause 4 of this Policy.
- Payment plans – All payment plans are based on the full calendar school year, including all remaining terms. Parents who purchase a payment plan are committing to a full year with Homeschool Academy Australia. This includes a full calendar school year of four Terms, resulting in 40 consecutive weeks of direct debits that are applied from the start date of the payment plan OR pro-rata weekly payments that are calculated for mid-year entries, which calculate the remaining weeks left of the calendar school year for both the price and payment periods. Only weekly payment options are available. For cancellations we require one full-term notice (10 weeks) to cancel any payment plan otherwise a $500 exiting fee will apply.
Homeschool Academy Australia offers two services:
- One-to-one tutoring programs (‘Individual Learning’) and;
- Group class programs (twenty students per class) (‘Group Learning’)
If you cancel a scheduled tutoring session;
- More than 48 hours before the scheduled session, you can reschedule your session for a different time prior to your next session.
- The day before the scheduled session, you can reschedule for a different time before your next session.
- The same day as that session is scheduled, (excluding the hour before your session – see below), you may reschedule your session for another time prior your next session to avoid losing your session fee.
- Less than 1 hour before the scheduled session or fail to appear for a session, you will not be entitled to a refund for that session even if you wish to reschedule.
If you are enrolled in Group Learning:
- You will be charged for your 10-week group session in advance. This fee is non-refundable unless cancelled 14 days prior to starting date of the term.
- You will be charged for all subsequent scheduled sessions at least fourteen days prior to the scheduled date of that session.
- If you miss a session or can’t make an upcoming session, no refund is available. You can still access recordings for any missed sessions.
- Requests for refunds outside of the above criteria will be only be considered by Homeschool Academy Australia under exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis.
4.1 Cancellation where there is a failure in delivery of a session
Under the Australian Consumer Law, all sessions offered by Homeschool Academy Australia come with the guarantee that they will be:
- provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage;
- fit for the purpose or provide the services that Homeschool Academy Australia and you agreed to; and
- delivered within a reasonable time frame of the scheduled session time/s
Homeschool Academy Australia is legally obliged to provide a full refund if requested, where there is a ‘major failure’ of one or more of the guarantees. A major failure occurs where the service:
- has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if they had known about it; or
- is substantially unfit for its purposes and cannot easily be fixed with a reasonable time; or
- does not meet the specific purpose that it was intended for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time period.
If the failure that has occurred is not a major failure but is still a failure on the part of Homeschool Academy Australia, Homeschool Academy Australia is required to rectify the failure. This might involve, but is not limited to, rescheduling a session, or part of a session.
You are not eligible for any form of refund if Homeschool Academy Australia closes your account due to threatening or abusive behaviour towards our team and organisation.
Abuse, threats, or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated, and immediate dismissal from using our programs will be actioned.
4.2 Procedures for Refund Request
Should you wish to request a refund, please contact Homeschool Academy Australia Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org