This agreement sets out the Terms and Conditions (“T’s & C’s”) of your enrolment with Homeschool Academy Australia (“Homeschool Academy Australia” or “We”).
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need one of your parents/legal guardians to enter this agreement on your behalf. In that case, both you and your parents/legal guardians will need to ensure compliance with the T’s & C’s. Following, “you” and “your” will then refer to both you and, where applicable, your parents/legal guardians.
Our commitment to you:
We’ll always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your expectations. It’s important to have things clarified so that we both know who is responsible for what, when and how.
We like to keep things simple. We have no desire to get you to commit to anything you really don’t want or need. We want what’s best for both of us, now and in the future.
So, in summary:
You have expressed the need for learning support.
- Provide you with an online learning program which may be varied from time to time aimed at supporting your learning needs (“Service”) that includes:
- the provision of a learning plan incorporating a course or program of learning
- allocation of a Homeschool Academy Australia specialist tutor/s, assistant educators and specialist trainers matched to your needs
- access to the Homeschool Academy Australia platform and content designed to meet your learning objectives
- an ongoing course or program of learning including a live online session with an educator (“Session”)
- setting of learning goals and the provision of feedback and reporting as part of the Session
- Maintain the confidential nature of your personal information, academic performance and use of the Homeschool Academy Australia platform, subject to your consent below.
- Notify you of any changes to fees charged by Homeschool Academy Australia for the Service. You are under no obligation to accept such fee changes, and should you elect not to accept such fee changes you may cancel your enrolment and receive a refund in respect of payments for unused sessions.
- Need access to a computer with the latest version of the browser, a camera and microphone, and reasonable internet access.
- Be required to run a test on your computer as requested by Homeschool Academy Australia to determine suitability and internet sufficiency at relevant points in time. If any technical issues are detected, Homeschool Academy Australia Technical Support is available to provide assistance in diagnosing and remediating those issues. This may involve connecting to your computer to assist in resolving the technical issue. Any such connection will only ever occur with explicit approval from the user of the computer and will be for the purpose of providing you with access to the Homeschool Academy Australia learning platform.
- Be required to attend each Session on the date and time that you have booked, noting that each Session can be changed by you prior to any Session commencing, subject to the specific conditions published on the Homeschool Academy Australia website. Failure to attend and/or not providing the required minimum cancellation notice means that you will be charged a session cancellation fee for that Session per the Service Fees page as published on the Homeschool Academy Australia website.
- From time to time, be assigned additional work (“Practice”) to be completed between each Session and you agree to use your best endeavours to complete this Practice as requested.
- Pay for the Session up to fourteen days prior to the scheduled Session date in accordance with Homeschool Academy Australia pricing policies as published on the Homeschool Academy Australia website. Failure to do so means that Homeschool Academy Australia will not provide the Session or Service. The Session fee should be paid in accordance with your selected ‘pre-paid bundle’ package Homeschool Academy Australia rates and the selected payment methods as set out on the Homeschool Academy Australia website. Where you cancel a pre-paid bundle package before you complete the committed number of Sessions, you will not be entitled to a refund. Commitments for the first two Sessions of each new enrolment will not be refundable if the Session is cancelled by you. This is to recover the costs associated with setting up your learning program and securing your group classes.
- Only communicate with your Homeschool Academy Australia educators through the Homeschool Academy Australia learning platform and communication systems.
- Comply with Homeschool Academy Australia policies and procedures as updated by Homeschool Academy Australia from time to time. This includes you consenting to Homeschool Academy Australia:
- recording and reviewing each Session for the purpose of quality assurance, and internal training and to allow you to review any previous Session
- recording all data from Sessions and the Homeschool Academy Australia learning platform for the purpose of: diagnosing your current proficiency and learning requirements
- assessing and reporting on your academic performance and progress
- Updating the Homeschool Academy Australia adaptive learning platform
- use in educational research
- Respect the fact that Homeschool Academy Australia has invested significantly in the development and curation of the learning content hosted on the Homeschool Academy Australia learning platform. This content is only to be used by you and you undertake not to provide access to this content to any third parties.
Payment plans are contracted for the full calendar school year which is 40 weeks from the start of term 1 to the end of term 4 (excluding mid-year enrollments wich will be calculated pro-rata). These plans cannot be cancelled for reasons other than what is agreed upon stated in our cancellation policy. Please see the cancellation policy for further information.
What happens if things don’t go according to plan?
We will always try to deliver our Service in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard reasonably expected from a qualified tutor using our platform and content. That said, we can’t guarantee that everything will be error-free. The very nature of the provision of online services means that Homeschool Academy Australia and you are dependent on hardware and software as well as stable and sufficient internet bandwidth. So, as hard as we might try, sometimes things don’t work out exactly as planned. We always put our students first and we commit to you that:
- Homeschool Academy Australia will consider any concerns that you may have about the quality of a Session. If Homeschool Academy Australia finds that the quality of the Session was significantly below the standard expected by Homeschool Academy Australia, Homeschool Academy Australia will fully refund you for the cost of that Session.
- You or Homeschool Academy Australia may cancel your enrolment with Homeschool Academy Australia at any time and for any reason by providing notice in accordance with the specific cancellation notice periods published on the Homeschool Academy Australia website and the Homeschool Academy Australia Refund Policy and Procedure. In such case, you will have no further financial obligations to Homeschool Academy Australia and Homeschool Academy Australia will have no further obligations to provide Services to you.
- To make a request for a refund, you must provide us with enough detail about your request to consider it. Please lodge your request for a refund via your Homeschool Academy Australia Hub account.
Alternatively, you may request such a refund by contacting us:
Phone: 03 8564 8651
Further information in relation to refunds is available here.
The results of using Homeschool Academy Australia services may vary and depend upon a range of factors including for reasons that are personal to you. Homeschool Academy Australia does not guarantee that use of the Service will lead to an improvement in academic performance or results. To the full extent permitted by law, you will hold Homeschool Academy Australia blameless for any act or omission relating to the Service and you will indemnify Homeschool Academy Australia from any dispute, action, claim or proceedings relating to the provision of the Service to you and Homeschool Academy Australia will not be responsible for any losses or damages.
These T’s&C’s can only be varied by agreement between you and Homeschool Academy Australia in writing. However, Homeschool Academy Australia may, from time to time and within its absolute discretion, vary the policies, procedures and website information that are referenced here in these T’s&Cs. If these T’s&C’s are accepted, the resultant agreement and any dispute arising in relation to it are governed by the law of the State of Victoria, Australia.
Notwithstanding the above, you may have rights and obligations under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded by these terms and conditions.